Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 02:03:05 GMT by
Dear HMRC, I have moved to UK from Hong Kong since Aug 2022 and became a UK resident then. I have sold my only home ( Living there for the whole period of time before arrived UK) in Hong Kong at Jan 2023 with a gain. I have read articles about Private Residence Relief, Tax when you sell your home and believed i should entitled to full Private Residence Relief, Can i know if i need to fill self assessment or Capital Gains Tax part ( No capital gains on other assets ) of my tax return? Thank you
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 16:08:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi  EOS,
Please see:
HS283 Private Residence Relief (2023)
If your Capital Gain is covered by Full Private Residence Relief then you will not need to report this to us as no tax will be due on the gain.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.