Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 15:48:32 GMT by naf siu
Hi HMRC, I have below questions hope you can help to answer : 1. Page TR2, box 5. If I have saving account interest from foreign bank account but under £2000, do I need to fill in SA106? If no need, do I need to mark 'x' in 'No'? 2. Page TR3, box 3, Is it mean that the saving account interest from my foreign bank under £2000 need to fill in this box? But the heading mention UK bank. 3. Page TR6, box 1, I have already received a refund to my bank account from HMRC for 2023/2024 PAYE income tax, do I need to fill in this part? 4. Page TR8, box 21, If I need to fill in SA109, then I should put 'x' in the box, right? Thanks
Posted Wed, 04 Sep 2024 11:40:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

If it is under £2000 then you can declare it at page TR3 rather than the SA106.

Yes, you need to declare any refund from HMRC that relates to the 2023 to 2024 tax year.

Thank you.

Posted Sat, 07 Sep 2024 22:18:34 GMT by naf siu
I have one more question about SA100. Page TR2, box 9 “if you need more page” this part, if I need to fill in SA109 & SA102, then should I need to tick ‘x’ in box yes?
Posted Sun, 08 Sep 2024 06:02:30 GMT by K L Kwan
HMRC created and sent a UTR by post to me and another letter advising me to submit tax returns. They also advise that they will not send paper tax returns to me and that I must submit them online. But I cannot submit the tax returns online because it asks me for a national insurance number (NINO) when I sign in. I do not have a NINO. I tried to apply for a NINO but was refused because I am not working and not looking for a job. Could I just fill in the return SA100 on the website leaving blank the NINO box, print it out, sign it and send to HMRC by post? Do I need to submit SA109 as well for split year assessment if that tax year is the year I first became UK tax resident?
Posted Sun, 08 Sep 2024 06:10:38 GMT by K L Kwan
Referring to the previous question, could you please advise the address of HMRC to which the tax returns should be sent? Thanks.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.