Hi there, Apologies if this is a dumb question but I can't find the answer anywhere. I spent hours on phone the HMRC and was promised a callback (never happened) I am filling out my tax return for the 23/24 tax year. During this year I made contributions to my pension from my own savings (e.g not through PAYE). Normally the 20% relief would be applied by the pension provider and I would claim the additional relief in my self assessment (I am a higher rate tax payer). Towards the end of this year I got a bonus which took me over the max taper allowance meaning that I get 0 relief in my self assessment tax return. All good so far. My question is about claiming unused relief from previous tax years (sometimes called carry forward). I made no contribution to my pension in 22/23 and the HMRC website says that unused allowance can be carried over up to three years. I have checked this tool: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-you-have-unused-annual-allowances-on-your-pension-savings and it looks like I should be able to use the unused relief. My self assessment form doesn't seem to recognise this though. It gives me 0 relief for my pension contribution. I think I am understanding the rules correctly but does anyone know how to claim unused higher-rate tax relief for pension contributions from previous years? It's the first time I've tried to do it so any help/advice on this much appreciated. Thanks! J