Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 01 Oct 2024 08:26:48 GMT by Katy O'Brien
I have recently started a new PAYE position with a higher salary than my previous job, however my monthly income has been significantly less than what I received in my previous (lower paid) position. I checked how my tax free allowance was calculated and made some changes. So I removed child benefit (which I shouldn't have to do since I am still within the bracket of it being a benefit) and that made a difference. But I'm still receiving less in my salary than when I was in my lower paid position. I have noticed that the tax free allowance includes an amount for a benefit from my previous company, even though I no longer recieve that benefit. I have tried to update it online, but as I did recieve the benefit for around 2 months into this FY it doesn't seem to recognise that it is not a current benefit. Can anyone advise what I should do about that, or anything else I can do so that my new monthly salary better reflects my increased pay? Thank you!
Posted Tue, 08 Oct 2024 20:29:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 18 Response
Hi,

To resolve this issue and give you the best advice, we would need to access your record. Contact us by webchat or phone via

Self Assessment: general enquiries

to allow us to do this.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.