Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 20:12:45 GMT by
My tax calculation said I owed approx £8.5k plus £4.5k on payment on account so approx £13k total to be paid by 31/01/2004. I had also been paying a standing order on budget payment plan, this seemed a lot to me but I did not want to incur a late payment fee so I paid the £13k. I have now checked my account and I am approx £9k in credit. My questions are: 1) Why can't the tax calculation show the payments on payment plan you have made and payments on account you have made on the tax calculation. There is nothing on the tax calculation that shows exactly how much you have to pay and only your tax bill due on 31/01/2024. 2) When I contacted the phone line I was told I can not get a refund of my £9,000 because I have a payment plan. Why is this? Thanks, John
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 12:56:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,
  1. As a calculation, this will show how the balance for the tax year has been calculated but does not take into account the payments made to your account which are shown on your statement. Once you submit your tax return your statement will be updated to allocate the payments made against the balance due with any difference then being due for payment.
  2. If you have a payment plan in place but now have a credit then you would need to contact our debt management team to review this for you. Payment problems
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.