Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 26 Feb 2024 17:21:01 GMT by ShezCoa
I have a South African private pension. South African tax is deducted from my monthly pension. When I complete the Self Assessment I show the South African tax in the box for "Foreign Tax Taken off or paid" ?
Posted Wed, 28 Feb 2024 09:01:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you can claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief for the tax paid in South Africa. You can see guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.