Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 21 Jan 2024 11:34:58 GMT by
A property I have owned for years and renting. Have bought 50% of freehold and paid my solcitor and the landlords solicitors to facilate the transaction. I cannot find anywhere that informs me if I can claim all the solcitor costs on my tax return. If so would this go into the column Property Management Fees? Was suppose to get a call from HMRC on the 19th Jan but didn't hear.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 14:20:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Greengage  EGGLETON,
No,this is capital expenditure that would be allowable when the property is sold to reduce any potential capital gain.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.