Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2023 14:45:18 GMT by
I am attempting to enter my details but I have no section to input net pension contributions in order to correct my final income to be calculated. This should be under ‘tax reliefs' as I am aware, This should lower the figure as "Any pension contributions made by an individual, whether it's a contributions to an occupational pension scheme or to a personal pension, will reduce the final amount of adjusted net income"
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2023 15:52:46 GMT by
If you tailor your return correctly you will get the pension contribution section. However most people get money into a pension by one of these methods, net pay, relief at source (RAS) and salary sacrifice. Out of those you can only include RAS contributions on your return. You never include net pay or salary sacrifice. Net pay be issue they have already reduced your taxable income, i.e. salary £60k less 10% net pay contribution = taxable pay £54k (the P60 pay amount). And salary sacrifice are employER contributions and you can never claim tax relief on an employer contribution.
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 10:35:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi RaulDuke,
On the Tailor your return section on the online Self Assessment tax return, please answer "YES" to the question which asks about payments made to pension schemes.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.