Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 17 Sep 2023 14:48:27 GMT by elaineng
I hold an amount of shares of a stock for more than 20 years, and recently sold part of the shares. I do not have record of the orginal price that I bought in those shares. How can I calculate capital gain and loss of the stock that I owned previously? How can I fill in the capital gain and loss form (SA108)?
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:55:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can ask us to check the details for you. You can see information here:

Post transaction valuation checks for Capital Gains (CG34)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.