Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 03:28:55 GMT by Shirmel Duggins
This is my first time completing my self assessment form and I am petrified of making any mistake in claiming. My property have been undergoing renovations and will be ready for renting within the next 2 months:. My questions are, can I claim for the following whilst my property was empty: 1. Buildings Insurance 2. Council Tax I had to purchase the following in order to ready the flat for renting: 1. Gas Safety Certificate and Annual Gas Contract 2. Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) 3. I have a UK phone that is used to receive texts from contractors - cost is 30 pounds per month 6. Curtain Rods for bedrooms and Front Room 7. Curtains for Bedrooms and Front Room 8. Shower Curtain Rod and Shower Curtain 9. Accessories for Bathroom including Bathroom Cabinet 10. Entryway Coat Hooks 11. Door Hangers for Bathroom and Bedrooms 12. Insulation of Loft
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 11:58:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you can claim for these in the year the costs are incurred. This then may create a loss for the year that can be carried forward into the next year to set against any profits.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 02:37:32 GMT by Shirmel Duggins
Thank you for your reply. I

You must be signed in to post in this forum.