Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 02 Jan 2024 22:14:56 GMT by Betty Betty
I arrived the UK in the midst of a financial year and got interest from a bank of foreign country after the arrival date. If the bank interest covered a full year, could I report the interest as foreign income on a pro-rata basis? If not, how to deduct or treat the part of foreign income not falling in the residence period?
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 11:57:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If paid in the period you are in the UK, you need to declare all of it.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.