Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 15:18:35 GMT by phils2
I get paid a "radius" and a "NT radius" when I am on a temporary site, but travelling home every night. Which figure do I use in my self assessment? I also work away from home. How do I claim for meal allowance or personal incidental expenses? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:32:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please have a look at the guidance at:

Claim tax relief for your job expenses

Please also look at EIM32000 onwards:

EIM32000 - Travel expenses: travel for necessary attendance

If your employer does not re-imburse you for allowable meal allowances or personal incidental expenses, you would either claim expenses in the employment section of your tax return or claim in writing to H.M. Revenue and Customs Pay As You Earn BX9 1AS.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.