Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 29 Aug 2023 22:39:26 GMT by User089159
This is for the tax year 2022/2023. I need to send a self-assessment for that tax year. As far as I currently understand: I had some foreign interest or dividends (or something else) from one source. I am not sure if that is actually interest, or dividends, or something else for UK tax purposes. (Figuring out whether that is interest, or dividends, or something else, for the UK tax purposes, may take some time.) The amount of those in the tax year was less than 49 pence. On a page by Financial Times the source's info currently includes: 'Domicile' is 'United States', 'Morningstar category' is 'Money Market-Taxable', and it seems it is under 'Funds'. (There is no guarantee that it was the same before for this source.) Could you help me, please, given that the amount is small (should be less than 49 pence) for that source, do I need to report that in my self-assessment?
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2023 14:19:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

No, you dont need to report it as it would round down to nil anyway.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.