Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 18:19:34 GMT by
I am a UK tax resident with a full-time UK academic job. 1) I have received payment for a guest lecture from overseas. I am unclear how to add it to the self-assessment form. It does not seem to fit under foreign income details - does it go under "Any other overseas income and gains" - on that page I do not know which box to put the amount into. Where should I record it? 2) I received a payment as reimbursement of travel costs overseas from a foreign university. I received no income. Do I need to record this in my self-assessment? 3) I received per diem expenses (to cover accommodation, subsistence and travel) to cover a fixed visit to a foreign university. Do I need to record this/how do I record this?
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 16:00:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Steven Forrest,
1. If no tax has been deducted, declare this under employment income, convert the income to sterling.
The PAYE reference will be NONE .
2. No
3. No as this is similar to a stpend.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.