Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 14:05:53 GMT by
Hello, my BNO visa was approved in Feb2023 and I arrived in the UK in June 2023. Since Feb 2023 to 31 July 2023, i was employed and paid salary. From 1 Aug 2023 to today (04 Oct 2023), I have been providing service as an individual service provider (not an employee) to a company in Hong Kong and earning income from it. Can I please get advice about: 1. Do I need to register or file tax return for 22/23 (i.e. 6 Apr 22 to 5 Apr 23)? 2. If yes, what do I need to do? Thank you. Bernard
Posted Tue, 10 Oct 2023 09:52:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You will need to register as self employed, to be able to report and pay tax on the income arising from the company in Hong Kong. You can do this at:

Check how to register for Self Assessment

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.