Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:10:57 GMT by Jonathan Chau
My family and I came to the UK for first time through BNO. We have rented a house with lease term starts from 1st June 2022. However we came to UK on 30th June 2022 and stay at this leased property until 5th April, 2023 i.e. tax resident for year 2022/3023 but are eligible to apply split treatment . May I know where I can apply for the split year treatment in the HRMC apps? And is it correct that tax residence status starts on 1st July 2022 (started to stay) but not 1st June 2022 (lease term start day). Thanks in advance for your repl.y
Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:43:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to submit a Self Assessment tax return, SA100, including the SA109, residence, to claim split year treatment for 2022 to 2023, plus any other appropriate supplementary pages.  

You can download and print off the tax return and supplementary pages here:

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.