Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 15:07:32 GMT by
Hi, I have accrued a loss of almost £1300 in currency conversions (converting GBP to other currencies and then converting it back to GBP). How do I report this loss in the self assessment? Thank you
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 08:47:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It depends on whether these are used for personal use or whether you are trading. You can see guidance here: 

CG78300 - Foreign currency: introduction

If trading, you need to tailor your return at section 3 to complete the capital gains section.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.