Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 31 Jul 2023 06:27:02 GMT by Ryan Nimmo
Hello, I am self-employed and for previous tax years I was receiving income from my online business. However, during the current tax year of 2023-2024 I no longer operate that business. And instead, receive income from my new online business which is different to before. Therefore, do I need to cease trading and register for a new self-assessment? Or do I proceed as normal when filing my tax returns? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 11:12:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Ryan Nimmo,
You will continue with the same UTR.
However, when completing your tax retrun, you will need to tailor the tax return to show you have two self employments.
One as ceased and a new starting. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.