Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 28 Aug 2023 15:34:37 GMT by KuenHK
Hi, It is noted that the online submission of tax return for the tax year of 2022-2023 is by 31 January 2024. But, I received a reminder letter of HMRC ("Notice to complete a Self Assessment tax return") dated 20 July 2023 to remind me to file my return by 31 January 2024 (or 3 months after the date of this notice, whichever is later. Regarding this reminder letter, I would like to know if I am required to submit online tax return before 19 October 2023, or it can be done by 31 January 2024. I don't want any penalty for my delay of the submission due to misunderstanding of the online submission date. Please confirm. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2023 09:56:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The online filing deadline will remain at 31 January 2024.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2023 12:27:33 GMT by KuenHK
Thank you for HMRC's reply. I would like to know if my parents ask for paper form of self assessment tax return (SA100) and opt to send the completed tax teturn form by post, and they just receive their UTR number last Friday (1/9/2023) and now waiting for paper form of SA100, then when will be the last day of posting the SA100 to HMRC? (Whether it should be completed and submitted by 31 Oct 2023, or 3 months after receiving the letter of UTR no.) Please advise and confirm. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 06 Sep 2023 15:50:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
The filing deadline will be 3 months and 7 days from the issue date on the letter advising of the UTR.
Posted Wed, 06 Sep 2023 22:15:56 GMT by KuenHK
Thank you for HMRC's reply as above. For your update, please. The paper form of SA100 is received by today. But, the supplementary pages are not attached together with this tax return form even I made a request order for 2 supplementary pages (SA106 and SA109) to the HMRC. In this regard, I would like to ask if I need to make another call to HMRC for asking the delivery of these missing pages, OR, my parents can directly print out the required pages from internet search. In case if the above self-printing of pages is accepted, may I confirm if these print-out should be in single-side print or double-side print which may help save A4-size papers. Please advise. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 12 Sep 2023 16:13:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You can print the pages from the website.
You can print them double-side.
Self Assessment tax return forms

You must be signed in to post in this forum.