Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Sep 2023 15:39:22 GMT by
Hi there, I’m wondering if anyone could help me answer these Self Assessment questions accurately: 1 of 2. Underpaid tax included in PAYE coding Amount of underpaid tax for earlier years included in your tax code for 6 April 2022 to 5 April 2023 (from your PAYE Notice of Coding) £0.00 Is this figure correct? 2 of 2. Underpaid tax included in PAYE coding Our records show that your 2022 to 2023 PAYE Notice of Coding includes an adjustment for tax underpaid Amount of estimated underpaid tax for 6 April 22 – 5 April 23 to be in your PAYE tax code for 6 April 23 – 5 April 24 (From your PAYE Notice of Coding) £0.00 Is this figure correct? The information I have to answer these questions is as follows: • I submitted a return in September 2022 for the year 21/22 as I was subject to the HICBC due to exceeding the allowance – which was subsequently agreed to be collected through my tax code. • My most recent coding notice for 6 April 23 – 5 April 24 contains the agreed adjustment to my tax-free amount: ‘Less Adjustment for tax you owe (earlier year)’ followed by a value, and, Go to note 3. • Note 3 reads: We previously told you that you owe ‘amount A’ tax from an earlier year. We have therefore included an adjustment to reduce your tax-free allowance by ‘amount B’ so we can collect the ‘amount A’ tax in equal instalments. To make sure you pay the ‘amount A’ by 5 April 2024, we will increase the amount of tax deducted from your wage, salary or pension. Thank you in advance!
Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 14:02:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

As we would need to check your records to confirm if entires are needed you will need to contact our Self Assessment team.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.