Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 15:39:11 GMT by OmAz62
Hi, I have been conducting my self-assessment for two years now; however, my self-assessment record is still linked to a temporary National Insurance Number, while my personal tax account was established with my regular NI Number. Consequently, when I log on, I am unable to see my Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) or a Self-Assessment section anywhere on my account. Despite multiple contacts with HMRC, they have assured me that this issue will be resolved, and the accounts will merge soon. Unfortunately, this has not happened yet. I would appreciate further advice on how to proceed. Thank you!
Posted Tue, 02 Jan 2024 10:28:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi OmAz62
If your Self Assessment is still linked to a temporary National Insurance Number then you will need to contact HMRC to link to the correct number. You can contact HMRC at Self Assessment: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.