Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 03 Feb 2024 08:14:03 GMT by
I'm already registered for Self Assessment and have been completing the Property Income section of my return for many years as I am a landlord, but I have now been offered some consultancy work that I want to do on a Self-Employed basis. Do I need to inform HMRC of this, or can I just select and complete the relevant Self-Employment pages in my next return? Thanks
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 09:45:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Port End,
You will need to register to pay Class 2 National Insurance.
You will still use the same UTR to show the self employment and the rental income.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.