Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 11:21:03 GMT by George Shepherd
Box 1 comment says: "Payments to registered pension schemes where basic rate tax relief will be claimed by your pension provider (called ‘relief at source’). Enter the payments and basic rate tax" So do I enter the amount I paid in - or the amount I paid in plus the amount at the basic rate the pension provider would have claimed ? ie what should go in here ?
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 13:54:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You should enter the gross payment to the pension scheme in box 1. This will extend your basic rate band, reducing the amount you pay tax at 40% on.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.