Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:01:19 GMT by
I want to claim higher rate tax relief for my pension in 2021-2022. I did not submit a self assessment during that year so I don't have the option to edit it/create it in my personal tax account. I tried calling 0300 200 3600 and they said I need to ask to speak to an advisor via the chat and ask them to issue the SA for, but when I ask in the chat for and advisor I am told there are none. How do I go about being able to submit that self assessment for for 2021-2022? Thanks
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 13:23:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

If this is the only reason for a return, it is not required.

If your contribution was less than £10,000 you can contact our Income Tax team to have the amendment done for you.

Income Tax: general enquiries

If over £10,000 you will need ot provide evidence.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 15:28:15 GMT by
Thank you, called them and they couldn't do it because it was somehow linked to a non existent self assessment, but someone will look into it!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.