Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 21:38:33 GMT by
Hi there Last summer t it was brought to my attention that my employee pension contributions had not been set up as a salary sacrifice scheme and so I had not been getting any basic rate tax relief for over 4 years. I wrote to HMRC with ALL the paperwork but got no reply - I eventually spoke to someone in mid-December who said I needed to write again and address the letter to self assessment, requesting an adjustment to my past tax returns and gave me the suggested wording. I did this in early January. I was also advised that I request my own adjustment to the 21-22 tax return, which I did. The tax rebate for 21-22 was calcalated and is showing as a credit on my account. I requested the repayment over a month ago but it does not appear to be forthcoming. The online form on the gov website tells me I should have had a reply to my other tax return queries last week. I guess my question is twofold: 1) is there a possibility the 21-22 rebate is being held while they look at 19-20 and 21-22 returns, and 2) when should I follow.up about the latter if I don't hear anything? It's about £2500 and I could really do with it... Thank you!
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 12:30:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

While your repayment may be undergoing additional security checks, which can lead to a delay in your money being repaid to you, there may be other reasons why your repayment has been delayed. To allow us to check this, as well as the progress of your other repayment requests, please contact our Self Assessment team#.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.