Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 07 Aug 2023 10:03:24 GMT by john smith
In the "Other Income and Capital Gains" section on SA200 paper form, para 7.1 "Other Income", should I write in here the taxable CGT amount & then in 7.3 state "Capital Gain"? This is what I have done in the past 2 tax years & each time this sum gets included as Income (as "other income") and again as a Capital gain and so I get taxed twice on it. I've tried phone & on line but cannot find any options to ask HMRC this question or to get my over paid tax back. Thanks.
Posted Mon, 07 Aug 2023 15:03:09 GMT by john smith
I've since found out that the correct way of filling in the SA200 page 3 para 7 to be to just just put an X in the box that refers to Capital Gains and leave the other boxes blank. Capital is not classed as other income. This isn't clear on the form especially as CGT is mentioned in 7.4.
Posted Thu, 10 Aug 2023 13:43:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
The capital gain should only be declared on the SA108.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.