Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Apr 2024 09:07:56 GMT by Huan Do
Hello! I'm a foreigner who's been working in the UK for about 8 months now (I have tax residency by the way), and I also have a Singapore-based bank account from the time I was working there. Could I check with you if I need to pay tax on my interest from that Singapore bank account, if the interest amount is less than £2,000 in a tax year? Thanks very much in advance! 

Name removed admin .
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:02:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You may need to pay tax depending on your other income. However, you do need to declare it on a tax return and this will then show if further tax is due.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.