Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 14:16:22 GMT by
I ceased to earn from free lancing from 4 April 2023. I am ready to submit my tax return for 2022/23 but it is asking me to pay a payment on account in addition to my tax in January 2024 and then again in July. I don’t need to do this as I haven't and won’t be earning from free lancing during tax year 2023-24. During the tax year 2023/2024 I will be employed full time and would be taxed through PAYE. How do I go about sorting this? Thank you
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 07:44:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Rafay A ,
If you'd like to amend your projected payments on account, you can include the amended amount when you submit your  tax return, in boxes 10 and 11 on the SA110 Tax Calculation Summary.
Or you can contact us directly to amend them here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 09:11:00 GMT by
Hello, Thank you for the response. Just to get some more guidance, if I was employed fulltime during tax year 2023/24 through PAYE and not had any miscellaneous income, can I put the payment on account as £0.00? Thank you
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 09:11:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
We can only provide general information / guidance in this forum.  
For an answer to a detailed question of this nature, you would need to contact our self assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310, or seek professional advice.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.