Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 11:08:15 GMT by faisy
I have to do a Self assessment and I am confused as to whether I input my Private medical or not. I am PAYE and receive Private Medical (the company pay for it). I have an excess of £100. Do I need to put it as a benefit ? I also get a phone allowance of £90 cash a month. I presume I do have to put that in?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:41:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi faisy,
If the medical benefit is not included in your payroll you should have received a form P11d from your employer at the tax year end showing the taxable benefit figure to enter on the tax return.
If the phone allowance is included in your wage then this would already be included in the P60 pay and tax figures.
If not in your wage again should be on the P11d form to declare as a taxable benefit  received. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.