Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 16:41:22 GMT by Douglas
I am early retired and a fiscal resident of Spain. I am non-UK resident. I am a UK citizen. I have no UK state pension yet. I do have a UK pension from a previous employer also regular payments from a SIPP private pension. I completed a DT Individual Spain Form in 2023 applying for relief at source for my UK pension income. This was granted and I have an NT PAYE tax code for my UK pension income for 2023/24 and apparently also for 2024/25. I will be declaring this pension income in Spain. I have additional UK property income and am required to fill in a SA100 each tax year. In my circumstance do I leave the entire "UK pensions, annuities and other state benefits received" section on page 3 of the SA100 in blank ? If not what figure do I put in box 11 for UK pensions, annuities and other state benefits received ? If the figure to put in box 11 is not £0 how do I avoid paying UK income tax on the pension income via Self Assessment ?
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 11:04:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Douglas,
As you already have exemptions on the UK pensions, you do not include these in your tax return.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.