Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 24 Sep 2023 15:08:20 GMT by hello1984
Do I need to do self-assessment and declare my income as foreign income if I do part-time job (WFH) for overseas company? I work for the overseas company for less than 5 hours per week with monthly salary being less than £1,000 per month.
Posted Sat, 30 Sep 2023 20:27:03 GMT by hello1984
If I need to proceed tax return, which form shall I fill in?
Posted Tue, 03 Oct 2023 10:00:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Yes, you do need to, You can see guidance here:

Tax on foreign income

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:32:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

As a UK resident with overseas employment income, you should declare your earnings in the Emplyment pages (SA102) and claim any Foreign Tax Credit Relief due (re: any overseas tax already deducted) in the Foreign pages (SA106) under the sub-heading ' Foreign tax paid on employment, self-employment and other income'.    

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.