Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 08 Nov 2023 14:12:45 GMT by
Please can I ask for a national insurance underpayment in the 23/24 tax year e.g. not enough NI deducted by the employer. Will completing a self assessment be able to correct this?
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:29:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Adam89,
No this cannot be recovered via Self Assessment.
You will need to contact the National Insurance helpline on 0300 200 3500, for advice on this matter.
National Insurance: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.