Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Feb 2024 04:59:38 GMT by csy1989
Hello, I have moved to live and work abroad. I work for a foreign employer abroad full time and qualify under the third automatic overseas SRT test. I am a tax resident in the foreign country where I am employed and my employemnt income are taxed in that country. In my self assessment for HMRC, I will be completing the SA109 to show that I meet the third automatic overseas non residence test. However, it's not clear to me from the self ssessment notes IF and/or WHERE I am required to report my full time overseas employment income from this foreign employer and foreign tax paid for this employment? Please kindly advise. Thanks
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:27:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will not declare the foreign income received as this is earned after you became non resident.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.