Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 11:33:54 GMT by Robert Williams
Morning. I am getting conflicting opinions from people at work in the same position. According to my P60 I have crept over the £50000 threshold. This is due to being reimbursed casual mileage for using my own car to travel to another workplace different to my home place of work and paying for parking out of my own pocket. Can I deduct these payments or are they to be included? I also pay into a professional subscription to a federation. Can this be deducted?
Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 08:54:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Robert Williams,
You would need to contact HMRC to acess your record to review the expenses to advise.
You can contact HMRC here:
Contact HMRC
You can claim for the professional subscription if the federation is on HMRC's approved list.
List of approved professional organisations and learned societies (List 3)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.