Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 04:31:32 GMT by porterm73
My personal allowance has not been taken into account in the HMRC my tax calculations. The payment is due end January. What are my options? Can I appeal / write with the correction and wait for a recalculation? Or do I need to pay and the try and claim it back later ? What is the best way to communicate with HMRC?
Posted Wed, 27 Dec 2023 10:59:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hello porterm73
If you have earned over £125,000 you are not due personal allowances. If you are not UK resident, you would need to claim the allowances (if applicable) within the resident section. you can contact us on webchat or telephone 0300 200 3310 to discuss.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 28 Dec 2023 03:33:58 GMT by porterm73
Thanks. I have not earned over £125,000. When you say "you would need to claim the allowances (if applicable) within the resident section" - 1) Please confirm which form, is it the SA100? 2) Do I need to resubmit the form for this tax year (2022-2023), or pay the tax that HMRC has estimated; then submit the form and claim the tax back? FYI I was UK resident for part of the year and have applied the 'split year' year treatment 2022-23.
Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 15:49:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you have completed the residence section SA109, you need to tick either box 15 or 16 to ensure the allowances are applied (if applicable).

You must be signed in to post in this forum.