Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 16:11:15 GMT by
I am holding a overseas life insurance whereas there's gains in cash value as well as annual dividend. I did't take out any money from the policy until now. Do I need to fill in SA106 box 43 then? Would like to know if I will only need to fill it up in the future when I take money out from the policy. Thank you for the help in advance.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:51:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Please refer to Helpsheet HS321 for full guidance on how HMRC treats foreign Chargeable Event Gains (which fall into a number of sub-categories).   Residence, remittance basis etc notes
If the policy provider has given you a chargeable event certificate, you would show the figures in box 43 and the number of year the policy was held.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:54:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
If relief at source is not given on this payment by the pension provider, you would declare the pension payment in box 2, so that full tax relief can be given.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.