Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 16:57:57 GMT by
Hi, my husband owns a property and tenancy is in his name. The rent comes into my account. Can I declare this in my tax return to lessen the tax burden on him?
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 10:53:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Melon2000 Fruit,
No, your husband owns the property, so he is the beneficiial owner of the property and its income.
He has to declare 100% of the income in his tax return.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.