Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 17:05:55 GMT by
Hi, I want to reclaim tax paid on PPI claim interest in the 2019/20 tax year. As I am self-employed I currently do self-assessment and did it for 2019/20. I have read that I cannot use the R40 claim form. So please can somebody let me know how I can make the claim. Thanks
Posted Sun, 28 Jan 2024 00:31:21 GMT by Gordon Bennett
Hi. As you've filed a return for that year, you will have to make an Overpayment relief claim in writing, you can't put it on this years tax return. Copy and paste the link below which will take you to the page you need with an explanation on how to go about it.
Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 12:27:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi glennm22,

You would include this in your Self Assessment tax return in page TR3 of the SA100.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.