Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:37:19 GMT by Didier
Hi there, I used to be self-employed in the UK, but came back to Italy 2 years ago. Before leaving I communicated to HMRC, through the online form, that I was no longer self-employed as of 05/05/2022. I was then contacted by my ex landlord showing me he received a letter from HMRC to my name with a £100 fine for late filing for the year 2022/2023, which tells me something went wrong. I paid the fine, re-filed for end of self-employment, filled the P85 form online, and requested to be removed from self assessment. I still did not fill that self assessment I paid the fee for as I'm no longer a UK resident. Am I good as is and should just wait for confirmation that everything went through correctly, or is there something else I should do? Many thanks.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 15:18:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 18

We would need to access your record to review if your Self Assessment has been updated to close. You can contact HMRC at:

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.