Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 13:29:02 GMT by
I registered for self-assessment today and I think I have accidentally put myself as a resident in the UK when I am not. I am currently a resident in Australia. Is there a way that I can change this? I have already submitted it.
Posted Fri, 13 Oct 2023 10:59:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

For the registraton no. when you come to file the return though, you will need to use 3rd party software as you need to complete the residence section and this is not compatible with HMRC software.

Self Assessment commercial software suppliers

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.