Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 15:27:17 GMT by
My Self Assessment Statement shows that I have a balancing payment due for year 22/23 and it was no longer included in my PAYE code (for 24/25?). It then shows an adjustment to the balancing payment (it reduced) and a new balancing payment for 22/23 included in the PAYE code for 24/25. This looks correct. However the Statement also shows an 'amount to pay' at the bottom of the balance column that is still the original balancing payment amount. Surely this should be 0.00? When I check the 'At A Glance' page it states in bold that I have 'nothing to pay', but also the original balancing payment is due for payment by the 31st January - which is it? The Current Position page also shows that I have the original balancing payment due for payment by the end of January. So confused as to what is required. I think that the correct position is that payment will be taken through PAYE and I don't need to do anything. Also concerned that most of the pages on my Self Assessment have not updated to account for the adjusted balancing payment and its inclusion my PAYE code. Potentially meaning that I'm going to get a late payment fine if this is not resolved. How do I get this mess sorted out?
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:59:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You will need to contact our Self Assessment team as we need to access your record to check the 2022/23 balancing payment from your Self Assessment that will be collected in your 2024/25 tax code and update if necessary.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.