Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 12 Jul 2023 22:17:39 GMT by Chun Kuen Leung
Our family began to immigrate to UK in June 2021. But we only recently learned that we need to apply the "Split Year treatment case 4" on 2021~2022. May I ask if we can file back the Split Year treatment tax return for 2021~2022? How can we achieve ?
Posted Tue, 18 Jul 2023 13:35:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to register for Self Assessment, if you have not already done so. 

Register for Self Assessment

You would need to complete SA100, the main tax return, 2022 and SA109, residence, remittance basis, 2022 to claim split year treatement. You will also need to complete any other supplementary pages appropriate to you.  

You can download and print off the tax return here:

Self Assessment tax return forms

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.