Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 22:49:35 GMT by O.M.
Good evening, I am due to start a paid internship later this year. As this would be considered additional income to my existing position as someone who is self-employed, how would I go about recording this properly in my self-assessment tax return next year? I know this query seems a bit too nascent for the time being, but I like being prepared for potential hiccups, especially when trying to properly complete my tax returns! Thank you very much in advance.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 15:00:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You would show this as employment income on your tax return. If filing online you need to tailor your return at section 3 to answer yes to the question, were you an employee,

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.