Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 14:35:12 GMT by may Cheng
Dear Sir, I like to register the self assessment in order to get the UTR number , to file my tax return later on. Keep on register online few times but receiving rejection, saying the wrong address not match with their system. I checked my personal tax account, the address exactly the same. Then call the HMRC 2 weeks ago, the assistant is very kind enough to check the address in my tax account , and said already match with those in their system line by line, and asked me wait for 72 hours to go for another online registration. I did it on 29 May online registration, I received rejection again. I now print out the SA1 form to mail to HMRC, is anyone know will HMRC base on the address I put on paper form and send the UTR number to me? I understood the waiting time to get them reply will be quite long and not sure how long it will be, or will they notify you they received my registration? Forth and back it took a month. ...
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2024 09:34:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Once we receive your SA1, it should take between 3 and 4 weeks for you to receive your UTR. If you have confirmed your address with one of our advisors, there should be no issues with this when we process your registration. If we encounter any issues registering you for Self Assessment, though, we will contact you by mail.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.