Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2024 09:53:27 GMT by Don
Hi, I'm opening 2 junior SIPPs for my children and contributing £2880 to both. When completing my tax return, would I enter these in the personal pension tax relief section with total amount of £5760, or the grossed up amount of £7200 for both? Can you also please confirm that my adjusted tax income would reduce by £7200? Many thanks 
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:41:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Don,
No, do not declare any of this in your Self Assessment tax return.
You do not qualify for tax relief on payments into this pension scheme, your children do, up to £3600 per year each.
Personal Allowances: adjusted net income
Thank you


You must be signed in to post in this forum.