Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 01:06:13 GMT by
Hi, I'm a non-domicile and received overseas dividends from a company incorporated outside of the UK, but instructed to pay into my UK bank account. Can I file my self assessment on the remittance basis and pay dividend tax on that non-UK sourced income in the company's local country, abroad? Thank you in advance!
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 11:50:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

As the money is paid into a UK bank account this would be seen as a remittance and liable here. You can see guidance here:

Remittance basis 2023 (HS264)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.