Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 29 Jan 2024 09:09:06 GMT by
I submitted my return over the weekend and realised almost immediately that I had omitted a source of income. How can I correct this?
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:44:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

You can go back in to amend it.
  1. Sign in using your Government Gateway user ID and password. 
  2. From ‘Your tax account’, choose ’Self Assessment account’. 
  3. Choose ‘More Self Assessment details’.
  4. Choose ‘At a glance’ from the left-hand menu. 
  5. Choose ‘Tax return options’. 
  6. Choose the tax year for the return you want to amend. 
  7. Go into the tax return, make the corrections and file it again.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.