Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 23 Oct 2023 10:15:08 GMT by Jake
Hi, This is all very new to me and I'm a little confused, but I'm just trying to get a SA/UTR number for myself as self-employed to work for someone elses company. The sections are: Business details, Business address, Business contact details. But it's asking these questions as if I'm the company and it's my company, which it isn't. Am I understanding this correctly? If you fill in the blanks in these parts, it will say... "As part of the business registration HM Revenue & Customs will automatically enrol and activate the Self-Assessment online service for the business. If you don't want the business to be enrolled for this online service, please tick the checkbox below" Many thanks in advance
Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:39:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The business will be you as a sole trader for your self employed work. If you are trading under your own name and from your home address this is the information you will be entering to register for Self Assessment and an UTR.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.