Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 08:03:29 GMT by jonathan patterson
Since leaving my last paid role, I've spent about 18 months under self assessment which has worked flawlessly. In November last year, I took a permanent role with the company i was contracting with and have been subject to PAYE since Nov 2024. I was getting ahead of myself and doing my 2023-2024 tax return in draft format, and have the tax I know i need to pay for 23-24 tax year. As such, 2023-2024 is concluded to all satisfaction. However, there is also a payment on account due in Jan 2025 for the tax year 2024-2025, however for the 24-25 tax year I will have NO other income than PAYE earnings, so how can I communicate to HMRC that I've moved the PAYE in totality and therefore the payment on account is surplus to requirements as tax and NIC will be recovered via PAYE at source. thanks
Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 10:26:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi jonathan patterson,
If you no longer meet the criteria for Self Assessment you can contact HMRC to review and update your record.
Once updated the payments on account will be cancelled.
You can submit online here:
Check if you need to send a Self Assessment tax return
Or contact HMRC here:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.