Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 27 Aug 2023 01:12:30 GMT by adorseyo
Hello, I am employed full time here in the UK by a UK employer but travel back to the USA intermittently to do self-employed locum/consultant work. I do not do any self-employed work in the UK. Should I include the foreign self-employed income in the employment section? In the foreign section? Or in the self-employment section? Thank you!
Posted Fri, 01 Sep 2023 06:29:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi adorseyo,
if no tax is deducted abroad it will be declared under self employed income.
If tax has been deducted you will show it in both the self employed page and foreign income in order to claim the tax credit relief.
Tax on foreign income
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.